commute fail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ROO-D2

Oh dear, the mega early rise of my 3 year old beast caused me to over sleep, i had to take the car this morning. By twice weekly bike commute will have to wait till next week. :thumbsdown:

vickster

Legendary Member
What happened to Mon-Weds ;)

OP
OP
R

ROO-D2

I try to ride in once a week and was going to increase to twice. Maybe next week. 15 miles each way is too much for me day after day ^_^

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I do 12 miles each way in around 40-45 minutes, I'm sure lots will be quicker. Once you get used to it its not that tiring and and the car commute for me can take up to an hour in the morning

Stephen C

Über Member
It's funny, not having a car and having to physically hand over the money to the bus driver every time I don't cycle really focuses the mind a bit! I commute 15 miles each way and after struggling a bit when I started, I now find it no trouble doing 5 days a week.

Plus, the money saved could easily fund a new bike every year... :becool:

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I remember getting the train home once when id hurt myself at work. £6.50 and with the wait for the train took as long as the bike. I still have a car but know people who rely on taxis and trains and I often suggest to them buying a bike but it usually gets shrugged off as cant be arsed, too unfit etc, so I give up

sheffgirl

I was trying to get back into cycling 5 days a week ( its 19 miles in total each day), but working 7.30-5.30 each day this week and not getting much sleep has left me with no energy :sad:
I think I need a rest, nearly every time I stood up today I felt dizzy. Managed to ride home, only stopped once at the top of the hill.

Last edited:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Build up to it again . 15 miles is nothing when you are used to it but massive when you don't do it that often . Ive been laying off riding as my knee is playing up and im dreading the thought of going out again to do longer miles . Not because I don't think I can do them but I think my knee may play up .
Forget the fails and just start again .

BigAl68

Über Member
The fact that I don't have to hand first great Western £8.40 every morning and can get into the office at 6am rather than 6.30 makes the 17 miles seem easy. I only do Monday to Thursday and by Thursday I do start to feel it but I wouldn't ever go back to the train. Even the wet cold mornings in mid winter don't get me on the train after 4 years I suppose you just do it.

I also don't have a car and wouldn't drive it into Bristol then pay parking if I did.

Exile

I remember getting the train home once when id hurt myself at work. £6.50 and with the wait for the train took as long as the bike. I still have a car but know people who rely on taxis and trains and I often suggest to them buying a bike but it usually gets shrugged off as cant be arsed, too unfit etc, so I give up

I've a few people I know like that. Complain about public transport, won't even consider the idea of cycling to work. "Too far" (under 10 miles each way), "I'll smell" (despite having better facilities at their office than me). "It'll take too long" (about an hour or so each way with traffic lights). I like to think they just enjoy complaining and so don't want to change anything lest they need to find something new to moan about.

Soup890

Crazy
Don't forget delays plus not getting a seat. Oh and I forgot you have to hold your pee in on the train/bus

Top Bottom