Commute free week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
It's half term and I've got the week off, so no cycling to work.
I know it's not far, but I'm really missing being on the bike every day, so just go for a cycle you say.
Well, normally I just get ready, get on my bike, and go - because I have to, but it seems such an effort to get on the bike and go somewhere I don't have to.
I've been busy - or making excuses - for a couple of days but I was looking forward to getting out this afternoon, and it's only gone and snowed.
It's daughter's birthday tomorrow so there'll be no cycling then, Friday?? We'll see.
This is the longest time I've spent not cycling anywhere since I got the new bike last Easter.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Enjoy the break I say, ride when you must or when you want to but never because you feel obliged.

A week off the bike will mean that you are pretty refreshed when you get back in the saddle.

Maz

Guru
Half term here too.
Just try and enjoy the break from cycling. Bake a cake for your daughter or just laze around watching TV and eating too much, safe in the knowledge you'll burn it all off next week!

half term next week here as well. now to go and re-fit the marathon winters to my mtb so I can get to college this evening assuming they don't cancel it... been blizzrd conditions since around 8am and it is sticking here

that first commute back will be a pain though - I find after 3 or 4 days out of the saddle I can tell I have not been in it...

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
What? No "man up" "get out and give me 20"???
Has everyone gone soft?! ^_^
I've got a spin class booked for Saturday so I went vegetate completely, but next week will feel hard!

Go for a run or do some exercises or something. Sometimes good to mix it up occasionally and use those muscles that you've been neglecting cycling.

Half term here as well...looking forward to cycling to school next week again. No excuses this term though as I wussed out so many times in the last one!

DougieAB

Getting the messages
What? No "man up" "get out and give me 20"???
Has everyone gone soft?! ^_^
I've got a spin class booked for Saturday so I went vegetate completely, but next week will feel hard!

Get your scrawny butt out there you waste of space and stock making feable excuses!!:gun:
(Is that more what you expected? Wouldn't want to dissapoint^_^ )

OP
OP
Sandra6

Sandra6

Veteran
Thanks Dougie, I needed that.
Just been for a quick spin on the bike, had to cut it short when I realised I'd left the water bottle at home.:cry:so only did ten miles. Followed it up with a 5k zombie run though.
You're proud of me now aren't you?!
My two youngest have asked to go for a cycle too, bit of lunch first though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Done no exercise since Monday night at the gym. Been off with the kids. The consultant at the hospital put a stop to that after Tuesday's 'does this hurt' squeeze. May get out at weekend if weather is good, or its back to usual Monday. Need to secure my rear lights on the pannier rack this weekend.

Top Bottom