Commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I've found it okay in TW, although I'm not taking your route, I come in/go out NE around Penshurst when I'm on the bike.

Driving through it's generally very slow, rather than frantic, on the A26/A267.

Are you taking the A26 northbound from Uckfield?

I'm in Framfield, I was thinking to use the backlanes from there to Buxted, up to the A26 Budletts roundabout but cross that into Maresfield, from there there climb up onto Ashdown forest, down into Groomsbridge, and through Rusthall into T Wells, and from there into the Highbrooms estate.

I could also cut down in Rusthall to Speldhurst to avoid more traffic.

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm in Framfield, I was thinking to use the backlanes from there to Buxted, up to the A26 Budletts roundabout but cross that into Maresfield, from there there climb up onto Ashdown forest, down into Groomsbridge, and through Rusthall into T Wells, and from there into the Highbrooms estate.

I could also cut down in Rusthall to Speldhurst to avoid more traffic.

Yeah, I don't know that bit of the A26, but Rusthall and Speldhurst are okay (with some crazy off-road too if you're feeling lucky).

nickr

Über Member
I would say don't bother with a cam on your bike. You will only use it for a few months before getting tired of the hassle. The side effects of having a camera are, that they may turn you into a self righteous bastard biker, like Jeremy Vine, always on the look out to on ways to entrap people.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I would say don't bother with a cam on your bike. You will only use it for a few months before getting tired of the hassle. The side effects of having a camera are, that they may turn you into a self righteous bastard biker, like Jeremy Vine, always on the look out to on ways to entrap people.
Did you find that happened to you, then?

BurningLegs

Veteran

But on the other hand, you might find that charging and switching a combined camera/light on and off for each journey is no more hassle than a rechargeable light, and it might might provide you with powerful evidence one day if you are involved in an incident.

Big T

Guru
If you get a Cycliq Fly 6 and/or 12, which are combined lights and cameras, then it's no more hassle than charging your lights.

Although not local to you, I've been commuting by bike for 40 years (started work in 1977), and in all that time have only been knocked off on my commute once - and that was about 4 years ago. Be assertive but also be prepared to compromise and let the moton have his way, if necessary.

Walking the last 2 miles will almost double your commute time. Utilise back streets and bus lanes where you can, but you can also filter through standing and slow moving traffic, at little risk to yourself.

Top Bottom