Commuters in west Edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
Without going into too much detail, I had an encounter with a dark metallic blue Subaru (think it was a 2007 Impreza) last night that was less than edifying. It was heading east on the Calder Road, between the slip road that comes up from Edinburgh Park and the Gyle roundabout. I ended up having to escape between two lines of traffic.

It's entirely possible the (male, late twenties - early thirties, dark hair, pinstriped shirt, phone clamped to his right ear) driver isn't from around here. I didn't get his registration, unfortunately, although experience has led me to the conclusion that drivers of that particular model of Subaru in that particular colour are more likely than most to be twunts. If, on the other hand, you should encounter a similar vehicle with a driver matching that description, it is advisable not to comment on his use of the mobile while driving even if you have just narrowly managed to avoid being sideswiped by him as he accelerated out of the sliproad you were passing to reach the end of the queue 20m ahead a nanosecond faster than he would have done had he waited.

He's likely to take it with ill humour.

Sam

Eoin Rua

Noted...not many drivers have a sense of humour!

As an aside...cycling down the Calder Rd today from uni, had cars pull out in front me - causing me to brake - at each of the 3 roundabouts, ahhh the joys! :whistle:

Had that with a cab driver @ London Bridge who went physco when I suggested using his mobile phone while driving was not a good idea.:whistle:

Matty

Had that with a cab driver @ London Bridge who went physco when I suggested using his mobile phone while driving was not a good idea illegal.:whistle:

Typo!

I recall commenting to a dozy woman in an Audi once, 'thought that was illegal' as she chatted away on her mobile. She had just pulled out in front causing me to swerve - only for her to join a queue. She crapped herself and hid the phone pronto, which was funny. Maybe she'll take note?!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
It is amazing the number of drivers who think that because their car is capable of high speed, it means that they are, even on busy urban roads. :rolleyes:

I blame Top Gear and the like, for giving a false idea of the "freedom of the road"...

Top Bottom