Commuting again.... Can't wait

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Sounds like a nice distance and terrain. Even bigger bonus if flat

pbkclements

Know what you mean, spent 6 weeks with a grotty 60 mile drive to work, now use train then a 9 mile cycle each way Southampton -> Farnham - best part of my day for sure, moment I’m out the door at work & on bike I’m relaxed - so different from the stress of the drive.

Know what you mean, spent 6 weeks with a grotty 60 mile drive to work, now use train then a 9 mile cycle each way Southampton -> Farnham - best part of my day for sure, moment I’m out the door at work & on bike I’m relaxed - so different from the stress of the drive.
I'd like to do that but the train service here is pretty poor and overcrowded. The first section isn't too bad for crowding but it goes it a triangular route drops me miles 20miles from work (unless I wanted to cycle on the A10 which is only 17miles :-/
What I do do is drive a more direct route to the St Ives (Cambs) P&R and cycle 15 miles to work (13 on the guided bus way cycle path). Its about 15miles shorter overall and is definitely more pleasant than our train/the A10 :okay:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Brilliant. I do miss the commute, a twice daily meditative release.
That's why I'm hoping I don't have to retire early. Motivating myself to do a "commute" that ends up back at home would be difficult, if it's bucketing down with rain, and/or freeezing cold. It's always easier when you know you must get to work and public transport is not much fun.

Top Bottom