Commuting lights for unlit country roads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A staff has responded to your request. And your action is required.
HI,

Very sorry, our colleague in our warehous tell us that sometimes the information they provide to us is not correct ,it means the item may be still out of stock so that the state of the order is always changed between "packing " and "back order ",the order is still not shipped to you in the end.
so could you mind waiting for it more days ?we must ship it to you as soon as possible.

or if you agree ,we cancel your order and refun to you at once,ok?

I'll only cancel if I have an alternative. </sigh>

Well its paid via Paypal so I'm happy to sit for a few weeks as I can always claim back the £££s through there, I have before for goods. Not going to complain though as for £30 what do we expect! :thumbsup:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Surely they weren't fibbing to me last Monday when they told me that it would be sent out in the next 3 days, were they? :whistle:

It's a pity they're not contacting those who ordered them to update them on the situation. I'm tempted to cancel the order and get something similar on eBay from TorchyTheBatteryBoy.

Alexvs

I got told 72 hours also last week when I spoke to them and that time is up. I've just tried to get on their live chat and seems no one is in even though it said online.

I've just found some similar ones on ebay for £35ish buy it now with a cheapo rear light included. Will see how long they take to cancel first.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
all the ones I`ve seen or shipped from Hong Kong. Anyway mine is now back to waiting on supplier, I`m sure the light is cracking value for money, just DX need to sort out the stock holding on the website.

Matthames

Über Member
Tried the Lidl light on an unlit country lane. On maximum I could only see the road at most 20 yards ahead. Doing anything more than 15-17 mph I was riding pretty much blind.

So looking for a light that compares with the sun in terms of brightness.

Alexvs

I've cancelled and they confirmed it this morning. I've decided to either get a Hope 1 or the Moon Power 500 after looking at the road.cc comparisons the Moon looks like it delivers a higher intensity light but the Hope gets great reviews everywhere. It's only £10 difference between the 2 also as the Moon can be had for £69.99 while I've seen the Hope at £79.99. I know this is a complete u-turn on getting one of the dealextreme lights but decided if I want something soon and decent quality so got it down to these 2.

blockend

I ordered the DealExtreme light recently and it took about two weeks to arrive. It's certainly bright and so far has proved to be an excellent buy. One annoying thing is the cable is very nearly long enough to fit the battery in a saddle bag - but not quite - and the nylon top tube pouch is not something I'd trust in a heavy downpour. You could put it in a handlebar bag but modern bar bags tend to rise slightly blocking the beam. I'd be interested in other peoples' solutions.

The velcro strap for the battery pack is a bit of a Chinese puzzle as it locks beneath the tightening strap (easier to see than explain) but they're minor things for the price. The unit looks pretty well built but at thirty odd quid if it got you through a winter's commuting it would be money well spent. It sounds like the Hong Kong end are a victim of their own success re. delivery dates.

A two pin flat plug to UK 3 pin can be had from Amazon for £1.30. It contains all international socket combos.

lejogger

Guru
I've cancelled and they confirmed it this morning. I've decided to either get a Hope 1 or the Moon Power 500 after looking at the road.cc comparisons the Moon looks like it delivers a higher intensity light but the Hope gets great reviews everywhere. It's only £10 difference between the 2 also as the Moon can be had for £69.99 while I've seen the Hope at £79.99. I know this is a complete u-turn on getting one of the dealextreme lights but decided if I want something soon and decent quality so got it down to these 2.

It's probably already been mentioned in this very long thread, but I've just bought the Fluxient XM-L T6 which you can find at this link:

http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/p/bike-light-database.html

You can also see how it compares to the Hope for the same money. Tried it out in anger for the first time last night and it's exactly what I need as there are lots of unlit county lanes where I live. Really lights up the immediate road so you've got no chance of missing any potholes, and floods a very large area with a good spread of light in addition to the main spot.

Might be worth a look.

Alexvs

It's probably already been mentioned in this very long thread, but I've just bought the Fluxient XM-L T6 which you can find at this link:

http://www.torchythe...t-database.html

You can also see how it compares to the Hope for the same money. Tried it out in anger for the first time last night and it's exactly what I need as there are lots of unlit county lanes where I live. Really lights up the immediate road so you've got no chance of missing any potholes, and floods a very large area with a good spread of light in addition to the main spot.

Might be worth a look.

I spent quite some time last night looking over that site and couldn't find anywhere selling the Fluxient as it was no longer available on that guys ebay page. I've decided to give the Moon XP500 a go as looks brighter than the Hope and rechargeable which is always a benefit. I ordered from Woolly Hat Store which are now out of stock, seems people got wind of the great price. I rang them and they said more are coming in today/tomorrow so will be shipped as soon as they get it which is fine by me.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
I spent quite some time last night looking over that site and couldn't find anywhere selling the Fluxient as it was no longer available on that guys ebay page. I've decided to give the Moon XP500 a go as looks brighter than the Hope and rechargeable which is always a benefit. I ordered from Woolly Hat Store which are now out of stock, seems people got wind of the great price. I rang them and they said more are coming in today/tomorrow so will be shipped as soon as they get it which is fine by me.
I ordered my XP500 yesterday from WHS but it's not yet arrived.... Looks like whilst I ordered in the morning at the point it was still in stock (22 units apparently), unless it appears before I finish typing this, I won't have enough time to charge it up for my home-ward commute this evening :sad:

Needless to say, when it does arrive, this will be my first proper light (and it's my first Autumn/Winter commuting) so I'll share my "relative noob" experiences with it on these boards once I've had the chance to see what it can do :thumbsup:

Top Bottom