Commuting to Work In Later Life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ticktockmy

Legendary Member
Age mean nothing, I just retired from work at 68, cycled every day rain, snow, sleet. and still do my cycle touring.. and i am a mere boy at the game, last year I was talking to two old guys at the Tea stop on Headley common surrey, who complained about the hill up to the common. one was mid 8o,s and the older was mid 90's.
My june trip is at here:
http://gkyuk.multiply.com/photos/al..._Cycle_Tour_June_16th_to_24th_June_2009#order
 
Location
Paisley
I will be 49 in a few weeks but have only just started to commute to work by bike, hope to be doing it for a good few years to come. At the moment I'm looking forward( with trepidation ) to my first winter commutes.
 
Im 46 in two days and nearly had an early birthday present at St Pauls.Chain jumped as I was cycling from Fleet St up to St Pauls and you can guess the rest as I was already out the seat and stamping on the pedals.
 
BentMikey said:
*chuckle* @ gavin's comment

...but not at your wotsits/top tube interface.

No that didn't happen what nearly happened was I almost came off but what worried me immensly was,was there a f'kin great bus behind me like as per normal.;)
 
Top Bottom