Compact Road Bike Handlebars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

line71

Hi
I hope somebody can advise me in suggesting a set of compact handlebars or shallow drops
I have standard ergonomic bars on at the moment and ive always found it very uncomfortable on the drops as it is quite a deep reach
I would like to ride more in the drop position but this is very limited with my present set up
Today i browsing in my local bike shop today and was very excited about a few bikes which had bars with quite shallow drops,they looked very comfortable and practical
What are the merits of these compact shallow bars,has anyone any experience of them? and what brand/manufacturer should i look for in a purchase?
Thanks

FSA Omega and ITM Alutech compact bars are both worth a look - and not expensive, either.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
3T make some too. I use the Zipp Service Course SL short and shallow drops which IMO are very good, but quite costly.

OP
OP
L

line71

Great,thanks alot for the replies,there are some very helpful suggestions
My present bars are Ritchey and have been on my bike which is now 5 years old and i have noticed a significant flex when getting out of the seat and putting force into the bars going uphill so im hoping to have a firmer feel with a new set of bars
Also my bars are fairly narrow so i want to get a wider bar aswell
My budget all in all is about 50-60 pounds including new bar tape and labour costs

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I never noticed any flex in my WCS bars tbh but i couldnt swear by it. I did have some 3T carbon bars which were on a bike which i brought i did notice flex in them but that was probably more my fat big strong arms :thumbsup:

Top Bottom