Companions wanted for France adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harry87

Hi everyone

What a great site.

I am cycling this summer through France, at least to Lyon and perhaps beyond. I am 23, live near Oxford, and am looking to leave at the start of August.

I was planning to do this with some mates who have just finished uni, but unfortunately they look doubtful as have just secured new jobs and are unwilling to take a few weeks off at the start (although they are still 'maybes').

I have not really done anything like this before, so I am fairly new to the scene, but I'm in good shape and up for a challenge. Having said this, I'm not planning to tear my way through the country, rather to go easy, enjoy some of France's countryside and villages, and live the good life! I'm sure I'll want to go fast sometimes though!

I will be camping I reckon, but am thinking I'll check into hostels for showers etc.

Anyone interested give me a shout. I'm sure I want to do this, and we can have a chat to see if we get along and our plans match up.

Hope to speak to you soon!

Harry

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Hi everyone

What a great site.

I am cycling this summer through France, at least to Lyon and perhaps beyond. I am 23, live near Oxford, and am looking to leave at the start of August.

I was planning to do this with some mates who have just finished uni, but unfortunately they look doubtful as have just secured new jobs and are unwilling to take a few weeks off at the start (although they are still 'maybes').

I have not really done anything like this before, so I am fairly new to the scene, but I'm in good shape and up for a challenge. Having said this, I'm not planning to tear my way through the country, rather to go easy, enjoy some of France's countryside and villages, and live the good life! I'm sure I'll want to go fast sometimes though!

I will be camping I reckon, but am thinking I'll check into hostels for showers etc.

Anyone interested give me a shout. I'm sure I want to do this, and we can have a chat to see if we get along and our plans match up.

Hope to speak to you soon!

Harry

Don't let the absence of riding companions put you off the ride.

I've spent five weeks cycling in France, mainly alone, and have loved every minute of it. Most campsites have decent showers so I'd not worry too much about having to use hostels.

I'm off to France in a fortnight for a three week tour and cannot wat to get started.

OP
OP
H

Harry87

Don't let the absence of riding companions put you off the ride.

I've spent five weeks cycling in France, mainly alone, and have loved every minute of it. Most campsites have decent showers so I'd not worry too much about having to use hostels.

I'm off to France in a fortnight for a three week tour and cannot wat to get started.

Cheers Vernon! I've managed to get some more people on board again so hopefully it's still going ahead. Thanks for the tips too, hope you have a great trip.

Top Bottom