Comparing Carbon Frames on £1k usual suspects

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scrumple

I have done lots of research here on £1000 bikes, just like every other cycle to work tax break user.
You must be so bored of our questions repeating themselves! I have read all the other posts before asking this, so hopefully this is a new question!

I have seen many posts full of advice about the best bikes, with 3 standing out:
Focus Cayo
Planet X
Ribble Nero Corsa

All the posts end up with owners championing their bikes, and if any real comparison is done it often comes down to "get the PX cos it has Dura Ace", or "bike x has crap wheels"...
IGNORING all the bits and bobs, I'd buy a bike for the FRAME. I have seen little debate over the merits of each bike's frame, with the only substance being about looks and cosmetics.

QUESTION: how do the 3 bikes' frames stack up in terms of quality, durability, and value?? (for example, I'd worry the PX wasn't great, as the cash seems to go elswhere).
Are any clever folk out there who can comment on the best frame, and why (preferably those who have seen all the bikes, and who are talking facts not speculation).

No mention of the rest of the stuff, please, FRAMES only!

OP
OP
S

Scrumple

Not looking for someone who has owned all 3!
Just someone who feels they have seen all, or who have friends with experiences of each, so I can get a better idea than just asking owners of each.

peza

Hi
I've just ordered me a Dolan Mythos, which falls into the £1000 bracket. I was told it's an excellent frame.
When i get it i'll let you know what it's like.

Top Bottom