Competitive Hill Climbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlandsgrimpeur

Über Member
Yes, Paolo runs the MHCL and I find to be a likeable guy, I asked his advice when I considered buying a Hill Climbing bike recently.

I'll post the link on this thread to the MHCL stuff when it comes around next year.

Yeah, I always got on well with him in the virtual world. He could be a little contentious with others though!
 
Freewheeling competitions used to be popular among cycling clubs. Those really are downhill races.
 

midlandsgrimpeur

Über Member
My Road Race this Sunday (tomorrow) has been cancelled due to roadworks, so I can now do a Hill Climb in the Midland Hill Climbing League - Maxstoke Hill.

Does Maxstoke use the official Strava climb, 1.99km at 4%? I just looked at this year's results and was surprised as my best is 5min flat (which would have got me 8th place in the hill climb) but that is only ever casually riding it, I have never done an effort up it. Is the Hill Climb course longer than Strava?
 
OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Location
Warwick
Does Maxstoke use the official Strava climb, 1.99km at 4%? I just looked at this year's results and was surprised as my best is 5min flat (which would have got me 8th place in the hill climb) but that is only ever casually riding it, I have never done an effort up it. Is the Hill Climb course longer than Strava?

Do you mean this one? www.strava.com/segments/15751790

If so, no the event route finishes a bit further up - leaving quite a stretch of low gradient ground to cover. Even so, 5 mins dead at a canter is still a good time on that segment.
 
Top Bottom