complete arse…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
nearly spoiled my club run today. i was nearly home and coming down a short rise and there was a bloke on a mtb who was considerably slower than me. just as i overtook him (i'd looked over shoulder and moved out prior to the overtake) some idiot in a p-reg rover decided to overtake me (and the other chap) rather too close, and then had the temerity to give the 'self-gratification artist' hand gesture once he'd passed ;)

i oddly has the satisfaction of knowing that my steed would fetch more on ebay than his…

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
It's a regular occurence around these parts. There is a certain breed of box pilot who is apparently conditioned to make such a signal whenever something occurs to jog his usually torpid brain cell into activity. The only thing to do is give a moment's pity to such a retarded creature and carry on enjoying your ride.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Gerry Attrick said:
It's a regular occurence around these parts. There is a certain breed of box pilot who is apparently conditioned to make such a signal whenever something occurs to jog his usually torpid brain cell into activity. The only thing to do is give a moment's pity to such a retarded creature and carry on enjoying your ride.

Or note his number and report the incident (after having completed your enjoyable ride).

Plax

Guru
I've started to ignore everyone. I'll occasionally mutter a rude word under my breath otherwise I don't react. Friday I had a car deliberately pass me close and squirt their washers at me. I pretended nothing happened so they didn't get any "fun" from it. Likewise if boy racers toot at me or make a rude comment I carry on cycling and pretend they weren't there. Works for me.

ELL

Über Member
Whilst waiting for everyone to turn up to the ride this morning we had someone yell at us "GET A CAR" as he drove past in a Nova, I chuckled at the irony of it as he went off sounding like a wet fart

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
ELL said:
Whilst waiting for everyone to turn up to the ride this morning we had someone yell at us "GET A CAR" as he drove past in a Nova, I chuckled at the irony of it as he went off sounding like a wet fart

Bet ya pedals are worth more than a Nova

Mine is, thanks.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Some of the lads at work used to joke "who do you think you are, Lance f***ing Armstrong?" I'd reply along the lines "Why, are you Mika Hakkinen then?" :tongue:

Half these halfwits couldnt walk uphill, let alone ride a bike under their own steam. They know naff all about being a "real man". ;)

Top Bottom