Compost corner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Weed

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
I have tiger lillies that where my great grandfathers originally. dug them up from mums when she sold her house eight years ago this year was the first time I had more than one in flower :smile:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Onions doing the best I've done, so far, with them. Runner beans that have been eaten (4 out of 8 plants) by slugs and snails. Potatoes in growing bags. This might be the last year for spuds if they are as poor as the last 2 years
angry.gif

Night Train

Maker of Things
I also have an abundance of bonzai trees and some lemons.

Also a squrrel hoped over the wall and emptied the bird feeder.

D

Deleted member 1258

Clematis, sweet peas and hollyhocks going a storm, the blue border I planted a couple of years ago is now mature and looking good, colourful pots and hanging baskets out the front, newly planted medicinal plants and echinacea getting established down the side of the front garden. I also have a large patch of bare earth out the back, plug plants ordered earlier this year haven't arrived yet, order delayed due to demand, plus a large ugly section of concrete and a pile of rubbish behind the shed.

buddha

Veteran
Spuds growing everywhere, even in the flower beds. Although I didn't plant any this year.
Looks like Roosters and King Edwards from those I've dug up so far. So I'll have to increase the mileage from all those chips that are going to be eaten :smile:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I have tiger lillies that where my great grandfathers originally. dug them up from mums when she sold her house eight years ago this year was the first time I had more than one in flower :smile:
There's a peony in my garden that came from my Gran's house (she died before I was born) it's moved house with me four times, this year is the first time it's had more than two flowers. I'm very sentimentally attached to it! :smile:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Oh, and we have squash plants that are stealthily taking over the whole garden.

Wish we had baby hedgehogs, there's a constant supply of cat-food scraps available here that would go down a treat :sad:

Stephenite

Membå
Lucky buggers, you lot, with gardens!

On the balcony we have margeritas, violas, other daisies, crysanths, a Jamie Oliver pepper plant (good eating peppers, and more on the way!), a tub with basil, rosemary, and thyme, and a mint.

But the most interesting thing is - i've found out where the birdshit is coming from!

Here we're plagued with seagulls in the summer. The local housing commitees have been flailing around trying to solve the problem for years. With middling success. I'm not bothered really at the moment so i'm not saying owt.

I've been living here for a year and the mysterious birdshit, i've found out, is coming from two magpies who have decided to sleep underneath the housing of the electric awning. These two birds are of the same size, and are always to be found together so I assume they are siblings. This touches a chord with me so i think i'm going to leave them to it.

Such is the excitement of a bit of 4 x 12! :smile:

Top Bottom