Compulsory Lights & Hi-viz.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got some reflective tape for my bike because of all this stuff

It was dirt cheap and I got 3 long rolls on red, white and yellow
put it everywhere sensible I could and I still have LOADS left

having looked at that video I think I might look at the front of the bike and see if there are more places to cater for being seen from the front

(but - looking out - I'll wait until it warms upa bit!!!)

Fastpedaller

hello me again with a small story of life...postie me would get up at 3.00 am to go to work at 4.00 and open the delivery office ..i was the key holder that started the days work ...I was stopped by two bobbies and pointed to the side of the road as they passed me by in their "panda car.".no problem ...i was uniformed ..high viz ..lights..a delivery postmans bag strapped to the rear rack ... mr bobby was very picky ...and found nowt wrong apart from no pedal reflectors... he quoted rule 60 of the high way code...no pedal reflectors ...a bit of finger wagging at me while the female officer in the background rose her eyebrows and smiled at me shaking her head..and off i went ...x x x funny old world innit ?

I understand that if the bike is a 'special' ie you may have assembled it yourself, then it isn't required to have pedal reflectors - Is that correct, or have the laws changed?

Alex321

Veteran
I understand that if the bike is a 'special' ie you may have assembled it yourself, then it isn't required to have pedal reflectors - Is that correct, or have the laws changed?

There are two separate sets of requirements.

One about what it must have when sold, and the pedal reflector requirements don't apply then unless the bike is sold with pedals fitted.

And then one about what is required when riding after dark, and for that one the law requires pedal reflectors to be present.

Top Bottom