Computer laundering ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
.... I put my Cateye Mity 8 through a full 90 degree washing machine cycle this evening. Not knowingly I hasten to add. It's no longer working. It was in a pair of cargo shorts that I was washing which got some grease on them xx(. I thought they are making a funny noise as they do loop the loop inside, it must be the buttons or zip against the metal drum, not realising I had left the computer in one of the pockets which had quickly fallen out :wacko:.

So a quick innernet search has revealed nothing. They is no longer available AFAICS. There is however the Enduro 8 which looks similar. Does anyone know if this has the same mount as the Mity 8 as I don't want to have to change all the mounts?

I had this now dead Mity 8 just under 2 years quite the longest time for me as normally I lose them in less than a year so have to buy a replacement or two. I have had about 10 in 10 years as I keep losing them.

Btw the cargo shorts came out spotless sans grease. The computer is now drying out with the battery removed. There are a few small drops of water on the inside of the screen. I am not hopeful that it will ever work again. It's been well and truly drowned.

zimzum42

Legendary Member

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Crankarm said:
Thanks ZZ. A replacement Cateye Enduro 8 has been ordered :tongue:.
It's hella annoying. My strada wireless flew off the bars and got run over by a car. That's 60 smackers gone after a couple of weeks use!

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
andrew_s said:
IIRC, the Enduro 8 is the same as a Mity 8, but with a more robust cable between the sensor and mount

Never had a problem with the Mity 8 cable. Is the Enduro 8 cable like twin and earth cable :laugh:?

andrew_s

Legendary Member
No, just thicker. It was intended as the off-road version, with a cable that would stand up to snagging on bushes better.

chugsy

Tried leaving it in the airing cupboard for a week? These things are quite robust don't have any moving parts - sounds like it needs a thorough drying. I've washed memory sticks before that worked after a wash:tongue:

Top Bottom