Computer to fit my Dash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3tyretrackterry

try a tescos special or failing that wilkinsons they are as basic as they come. i have one on my trike fitted to front wheel using the mudguard.the wire is quite long. another point to consider is that if you dont need to see how fast you are going or how far and just want it as a record then you could always fit the computer to rear rack or seat.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
3tyretrackterry said:
try a tescos special or failing that wilkinsons they are as basic as they come. i have one on my trike fitted to front wheel using the mudguard.the wire is quite long. another point to consider is that if you dont need to see how fast you are going or how far and just want it as a record then you could always fit the computer to rear rack or seat.

That's a good point, I'm really wanting it as a record, although it can be good to see how far you've gone mid ride. I wondered about putting it on the cross beam under my leg, where I could probably get a look if I unclipped for a moment....

I note from the images that you have no bottle cage mounted on the boom.

If you get a space grip and dismantle it then mount the "U" shaped bracket to one of the bottle mounts ten mount the end of the spacegrip to this in the normal way.

Gives a solid mount for the computer in a good position.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cunobelin said:
I note from the images that you have no bottle cage mounted on the boom.

If you get a space grip and dismantle it then mount the "U" shaped bracket to one of the bottle mounts ten mount the end of the spacegrip to this in the normal way.

Gives a solid mount for the computer in a good position.

That's a good idea. It would be even better if I hadn't fitted a bottle cage on Sunday!:laugh:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cunobelin said:
Email SJSC?

I did, and got a reply the next day - they reckon the wire is about 120cm long. Which might just do it, as my estimate was generous. I'll double check.

But I might ask Pete if he thinks he could machine up a front wheel sensor mount.

Arch said:
I did, and got a reply the next day - they reckon the wire is about 120cm long. Which might just do it, as my estimate was generous. I'll double check.

But I might ask Pete if he thinks he could machine up a front wheel sensor mount.

Go to the Catrike Forum and search - there are lots of options on there for shapes and sizes.

PS.... the answer to the cable length is string, something I have used over the years!

Get a piece of string and cut to the 120 cm length - then run from where the mounts will be to where the computer will be. That way you can allow for all the bends and runs where you need to zip tie.

Alternatively take a piece of string, mount in the same way and see how long your wire needs to be.

Tibnor

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cunobelin said:
Go to the Catrike Forum and search - there are lots of options on there for shapes and sizes.

PS.... the answer to the cable length is string, something I have used over the years!

Get a piece of string and cut to the 120 cm length - then run from where the mounts will be to where the computer will be. That way you can allow for all the bends and runs where you need to zip tie.

Alternatively take a piece of string, mount in the same way and see how long your wire needs to be.

Yes, that's how I came up with the 136cm-ish length, although I was a bit generous so as to err on the right side, and I can do it again more exactly. Good idea to cut the right length and try that.

I'll check out that forum though, cheers. I have a mudguard now, for the rear, just need to sort out fixing it. And I'm in the process of getting a derailleur post boom... Just need the rack (on order) and the computer set up, and I'm fully loaded!

PalmerSperry

Arch said:
That's a good idea. It would be even better if I hadn't fitted a bottle cage on Sunday!:ohmy:

Would the ICE computer mount work? Fits between the bottle cage and it's mounts providing a roughly handlebar cross-section tube to mount a cycle computer on. Dunno if there's enough room on a Dash between the cage and the seat though?

Top Bottom