Computer with cadence and altimeter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
oxford_guy

oxford_guy

Über Member
Crankarm said:
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41049

Eh?............The spec of the X1DW is very limited to that which I thought you were aiming for in partic the Z1 or V3.

You may as well get Cateye Strada Cadence £32 which is a great little computer.

I've decided to go for a combination of a simple computer plus a GPS unit - the former for when the batteries run out on the latter and for everyday use.

The reason I was looking at the X1DW is that it has digital wireless, so will not be so susceptible to interference.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
oxford_guy said:
Have been looking at the VDO X1DW cycle computer, which seems to be a good option for a basic computer with digital wireless, but, unless I'm missing something, this only displays speed and distance in kilometers, is that correct? in fact I suspect the Z1 is the same in this respect... :tongue:

My VDO gives me the choice of Km or Miles, as far as I know the rest of the range are the same...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Even the cheapest comptutor from Lidl/Aldi does either km or miles :tongue:

Anyone know of a recent cycle computer that doesn't ???

OP
OP
oxford_guy

oxford_guy

Über Member
Thanks for the responses everyone, in the end I ordered a VDO X2DW off ebay for just under £40, as this had a few extra useful features over the X1DW e.g. "navigator (2nd programmable daily kilometre counter, counts forwards or backwards)", which I thought would be useful when touring.

Am now pondering which GPS to get, though am leaning toward the Garmin eTrex Vista Hcx now, rather than the more bike-specific Garmin Edge 605/705, as the Vista actually seems better for navigation duties (I don't really need all the training stuff the Edge 605 and 705 have and the X2DW can track cadence, if need be), and is cheaper!

Top Bottom