Computer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iwchris

I am looking for a new cycle computer, I need MPH, Total Miles, and Trip Miles, and possibly average MPH, having already looked it seems a complete minefield these days there are so many!!
Any ideas guys

Chris

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've got the Cateye Strada Wireless and it does all of the above reliably and well. Even survived a trip through the washing machine! And has been dropped more times than I care to mention. :blush:

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Sigma BC1009. I have had a basic Cateye Velo 8 and you cannot enter an odometer value on it which I found a real pain. Probably will not bother a lot of people for a basic computer though. The BC1009 also has a better mounting system and has a much bigger display.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I bought a Trelock FC845 wirless with a light base for cycling at night and which does not interfere with my hrm like the sigma comps I own does.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
Halfords are selling this for £107 (£23 cheaper than anyone else). And currently Garmin are doing a £30 refund/cashback on that model.

So it works out at £77 for a gps cycle computer - which I think is a bit of a bargain!

evo456

Über Member
Halfords are selling this for £107 (£23 cheaper than anyone else). And currently Garmin are doing a £30 refund/cashback on that model.

So it works out at £77 for a gps cycle computer - which I think is a bit of a bargain!

Get it under £70 if you have british cycling membership. Got mine last week, very pleased it hasn't lost signal/tracking. Got fed up with my cheapo LIDL computer giving unreliable readouts and my phone keeps dropping GPS lock. You can also drop googlemap routes into it, giving a rudimentary gps navigation capability

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
WARNING!!!

be careful when taking your bike into the LBS with a wireless single channel computer fitted.

the security scanners (magnetic bars at the front of the shop) at cycle surgery (any branch) mess with mine.

My average speed is now an unchangeable 88mph and my top speed is an equally impressive 88 mph.

Sounds funny but is actually hugely frustrating as it has twice wiped my taco and it's now impossible for me to see my highest speed or average. So its my shiny comp has now become an expensive clock and speedo.

Top Bottom