computer??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
wired for me

Wired cycle computers are, if fitted correctly, more reliable, cheaper to buy and cheaper to run.

The problem that many folks seem to have with wired comps is not running the cable properly and it ends up damaged as a result. Refer to the manuf.s destructions, take your time and you cant go wrong.

The trouble with wireless is that the wirelessy bit introduces another battery powered component, the transmitter. Another battery to fail and another component to play up as well as a more complex head unit now that it has a receiver in it.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I go wired on most of my bikes. I have used a wireless computer, and I still do on my 'cross bike since I remove it for racing but like to have it on for other rides.

Thinking of a GPS sometime soon, just started looking into it.

Dan B

Disengaged member
... and greater potential for interference by/with other radios. Can't see the point myself, it's not like the two bits ever have to move relative to each other while you're using it.

Bman

Guru
Wired. My Wireless Access Point has been removed from my network for years.

This thread is nothing without a poll :laugh:

Edit: There's me assuming this was the electric cafe...:biggrin: My opinion however is the same regarding bike computers :hyper:

But for devices like HRM's (for the Garmin), it does make sense for it to be wireless. I wouldn’t like having to plug myself into the bike every ride!

D4VOW

Wireless for me to, much neater and I've never had problems with interference.

Wireless for me - hate exposed wiring. Have used wireless for many years and never had a problem with the Specialized/Cateye/Ciclosport units on my bikes. Sigma, however is another matter - absolute pants.

harry dunn

Wired for me , ( lot cheeper than wrless ) the cables dont have to look like your grans knitted it for you if you take your time . Mount the sensor and magnet first , then I hold it on to the fork blade with some of those frame protector patches , neater than cable tyes then wind it up the front brake cable to the bars.

i've never actually had a cycle computer, but after having bought a new bike (a good one this time) i'm thinking of buying one.

is it an essential piece of kit would you say?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Had nice wireless on one bike, problem free for 2 yrs or so. Then kept getting 'issues' and now have wired on both bikes.

Top Bottom