Computers - home networks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
If you want to complicate things a little and spend a bit of money you could always go for a NAS - I have one of these attached to my network and use it for sharing whatever files that you need across your network across as many devices as you want.

I have mine just to stream my films & music to my tablets & other portable devices.

Each time there is a file you want to share just upload it to the NAS and everyone whose hooked up to the same network can access it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Our mistake is not to be a particularly well-off village a third of the size with influential inhabitants, in which case FTTC cabinets magically sprout all over the place. Not that I'm cynical about the process, of course.
I am equally cynical! On Sunday's forum ride @Littgull and I were discussing this ...

I have found a really interesting little lane which takes a more direct route to the village [Wray], albeit with some steep descending and climbing on the way as we have to drop down into the valley to cross the river Hindburn. This lane almost fizzles out to a dirt track, but not quite! As Brian commented, it was almost like riding up someone's driveway.

When I did the route last year I discovered that the local council had resurfaced a few kms of the lane with immaculate new tarmac, and without any of those horrible chippings embedded in it. It is absolutely fabulous to cycle down, but I still can't get my head round why they did it! We have busy roads all over the place up here which are in an awful state, and here was road surface perfection serving just a few farms! In fact, at Wray, that road is signposted as a No Through Road. (Strictly, it isn't, as we demonstrated, but I can see why they want to discourage motor traffic from using it.) We speculated that either a local councillor lives up there, or the EU had decided to throw a few hundred grand into rural road maintenance in that part of England!

Top Bottom