Computers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
The last time I had a bike computer (10 years ago?) it was a wireless one, but it had to have a line-of-sight between the transmitter and the receiver.

I am just about to order a Specialized Allez Sport with my Cycle2Work voucher and want to buy a wireless computer that will also work with my Minoura turbo trainer. ie the sensor and transmitter will have to be on the rear wheel.

Will any (modern) computer work off the back wheel, or do I need to look for something specific ?

Cheers,
Daniel.

My Raleigh computer is line of sight, my cateye one it doesn't matter but it does have to be within a certain distance of the sensor I believe most computer are like this unless they specifically say they can be fitted to the rear.

whats the deal with wireless v's wired, which is better?. My halfords jobbie has just given up so I am after a new one

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Wireless is easier to move between bikes and usually has a cadence function, but they are prone to interference as Howl Like a Bianchi! says. I recommend VDO, as they are speedometer manufactures (take a look a the next BMW you see)...

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Tescos wireless comp

I just bought for my commuting bike a cheap Tescos (it said on the box) Wireless computer and it is. Except it has a wired cadence sensor which leads down to the crank arm. Very weird.

Top Bottom