Concorde Ciocci Aquila

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Question...l have just seen a Concorde Aquila but how do you tell if it is Ciocci frame ? I may be able to go take a photo of it and if so l will post it here.
The asking price seems high for a 1980's steel bike but who am l to say....maybe they are sort after !

midlife

Guru
Ciocc? Lots of smoke and mirrors who actually built them..

Here for example.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=380211

Classy bits of kit though :smile:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Ciocc? Lots of smoke and mirrors who actually built them..

Here for example.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=380211

Classy bits of kit though :smile:
A photo or two of the Concorde
IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

velohomme

Saw this bike at Marminiac getting ready for the climb out on my way to Campagnac les Quercy. Where were you heading. Are you local?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Saw this bike at Marminiac getting ready for the climb out on my way to Campagnac les Quercy. Where were you heading. Are you local?
Hey nice to meet you, yes l am local from Goujounac. I was in Marminiac for a friends funeral unfortunately. Do you live around here ?

midlife

Guru
Not my area of expertise but I guess it's a Mistral and not an Aquila ?

velohomme

My wife and I spend about 6 months a year at Campagnac-Les-Quercy. March to end of May and July to end of September. I normally do a Sunday 30 miler around Cenac on my vintage bike and a mid weeker around the Villefranche area.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
My wife and I spend about 6 months a year at Campagnac-Les-Quercy. March to end of May and July to end of September. I normally do a Sunday 30 miler around Cenac on my vintage bike and a mid weeker around the Villefranche area.
Pretty close to me , l could give you a shout to see if we could meet up for a ride sometime !

velohomme

Sounds like a plan. Not available this week as friend is over for some French cycling or next week as I have had a rush of blood to the head and I am going to try Mt Ventoux. Be aware that I am in my seventies and not that quick. Returning to UK 10th October.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Sounds like a plan. Not available this week as friend is over for some French cycling or next week as I have had a rush of blood to the head and I am going to try Mt Ventoux. Be aware that I am in my seventies and not that quick. Returning to UK 10th October.
No problem that makes two of us in the same age group ^_^

Top Bottom