Condor - Gran Fondo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eml1909

Just arrived ... and I am in love already!

DSC_6122.jpg

DSC_6121.jpg

DSC_6120.jpg

DSC_6124.jpg
DSC_6123.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's a lovely looking bike.
and I like the boxing round the tree.
Can you retake the pictures but without all the messy fallen leaves... thanks
wink.gif

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Looks gorgeous, and I would normally heckle rather than compliment such a practical looking machine. I can't quite figure what sort of thought went into the hood placement though, hehe.

Pottsy

Very, very nice.

I have a Condor Moda which is similar but a bit racier with no mudguard, rack etc. fittings. I love it.

Oh and your lawn needs a bit of a cut.
wink.gif

OP
OP
eml1909

eml1909

PS It's primarily for commuting, which is why I went for something with mudguards and a pannier rack...

PS It's primarily for commuting, which is why I went for something with mudguards and a pannier rack...

Nothing wrong with that, but the brake levers/shifters are set very high on the bars. I'm sure it's very comfortable but it just looks a bit odd. FWIW just sit on it and try to reach the brake lever from the bottom of the handlebars, (on the drops so to speak), and you'll see what everyone means :thumbsup:

OP
OP
eml1909

eml1909

I hadn't even noticed that they are in a strange position .... which just goes to show how much I know! My previous bike was a hybrid.

Where should the hoods be and is this something that can be changed or is it the design of the bike?

OP
OP
eml1909

eml1909

And presumably this is only a "problem" when I am riding on the "drops", which will be very, very rare? I expect that 99.9999% I will be riding on the hoods.

I hadn't even noticed that they are in a strange position .... which just goes to show how much I know! My previous bike was a hybrid.

Where should the hoods be and is this something that can be changed or is it the design of the bike?

Dead easy :thumbsup: Look at the shifters on this bike

prod_2235.jpg

See how the levers are almost vertical to the ground. To achieve that you need to rotate your bars up a bit and move your shifters down, but if you find it comfortable as it is just forget all about it and enjoy the bike.

It does look sweet :thumbsup:

OP
OP
eml1909

eml1909

I absolutely love the bike, but thanks for the re-assurance regarding the shifters/hoods. When I'm riding on the hoods, it seems comfortable enough to me (but I have nothing to compare it to!). When I'm on the drops, I see what you mean ... it's not easy to reach the brakes.

If I want to change this, I assume that Condor will be able to do this for me (hopefully without charge given how much the bike cost!)....?!

Top Bottom