Condor - Gran Fondo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
eml1909

eml1909

Thanks - that's good to know! Given that I didn't even realise they were in an odd position in the first place, I think I'll leave it to Condor to do for me.

I confess ... I didnt realise that the shifters could be moved at all. How are they attached to the handlebars ... are they not screwed in? :blush:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Thanks - that's good to know! Given that I didn't even realise they were in an odd position in the first place, I think I'll leave it to Condor to do for me.

I confess ... I didnt realise that the shifters could be moved at all. How are they attached to the handlebars ... are they not screwed in? :blush:

Just clamped on, you can loosen it and move them around, but you have to take the tape off the handlebars 1st. Its not a biggie at all. See how you get on riding it, looks great and if you find yourself using the drops a lot, its not a hard thing to change, almost everyone tweaks their bike fit over a period of time.

Pottsy

Condor set mine too high on the bar for my liking too when I picked up the bike.

As Rob3rt says, try it first and get a feel for how you might like them adjusted. The shape of the bar means I wouldn't rotate the bar much (the drop is parallel to the top tube, which looks right) but I would move the shifters down.

However there is no right or wrong here and whatever works for you is best. On your first free service I'm sure Condor will oblige with any tweaks you might want.

Hope you enjoy it.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The position of the shifters is a problem with these kinds of track bars. It's hard to get a set of shifters in a good position for the hoods and the drops.

OP
OP
eml1909

eml1909

The position of the shifters is a problem with these kinds of track bars. It's hard to get a set of shifters in a good position for the hoods and the drops.

That's interesting. I can see that if I drop the shifters so that it's more comfortable on the drops, that may be less comfortable for me when I'm on the hoods (which will be 99.9% of the time).

Anyway, thanks all for the advice and re-assurance. I'll see how I feel when i take it for my first service after I've done a few hundred miles. :biggrin:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

Again I disagree with you on this matter just like last time (just to demonstrate how polarising bar setup can be to the OP, hah :smile: ), if I had the time, I'd post a pic of how I have my Campag Record setup on my bars which are a similar shape, giving good access to the brakes from both hoods and drops :tongue: Consequently, I dont have the time to go to my office to grab my camera right now, maybe tomorrow.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Again I disagree with you on this matter just like last time (just to demonstrate how polarising bar setup can be to the OP, hah :smile: ), if I had the time, I'd post a pic of how I have my Campag Record setup on my bars which are a similar shape, giving good access to the brakes from both hoods and drops :tongue: Consequently, I dont have the time to go to my office to grab my camera right now, maybe tomorrow.

Until you post photographic evidence, i will have to disagree with you. :tongue:

OP
OP
eml1909

eml1909

Decided to take my GF out for a longer spin this morning .... 33 miles in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside. Certainly beats commuting in Central London.

Did this route in just over two hours. Hardly Olympic pace, but I'm still fairly pleased with myself!

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/120596971

Top Bottom