Condor owners?

vbc

Out of interest, are there any owners of Condor's Fratello or Acciaio hanging around here? I would be interested in your opinions and experiences.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I only have an Italia. But I am very pleased with it.

peejay78

oh hello.

i have an acciaio. it's lightweight steel, i ride 60-80 milers on it. it's the best bike i have ever ridden. it gets admiring glances from everyone. it's a thing of rare beauty. i love it. i have a veloce gs and vento wheels. i rode the malvern hills last weekend and it was amazing.

buy one.
2039459177_343924acb1.jpg

224420474_b1426225d7.jpg

224420475_d97cfbbb8f.jpg

224423500_242c84c849.jpg

964162348_0ebcba41de.jpg

andrewc3142

Peejay - I believe we've "met" on bikeradar?

Anyway, Peejay's comments are spot on - ditto the number of admiring comments, even from those with considerably more expensive bikes. My Acciaio is in a very nice mid to dark blue (probably my favourite colour). 105 standard group set. I use it for commuting to London (30 or 60 miles depending on whether I take the train back), local rides, just about everything I can. Fast and responsive (for me), extremely comfortable (even more so than my trusty Dawes Super Galaxy, which has felt rather neglected lately ...). And looks gorgeous IMHO.

For info, I did consider the Fratello, as being potentially more of an all-rounder. I think I would have looked at it closer if I didn't have the Galaxy which can take a pannier rack. But the Acciaio seemed to me to be purer and cleaner somehow.

Cheers

Andy

OP
V

vbc

Thanks for the feed-back gents, that's a nice looking bike by the way Peejay. Had a big off on my OCR earlier this year and while it has little damage, it feels a bit 'unlucky'. I was thinking of stripping the 9 speed Ultegra parts and getting myself a nice frame, steel or titanium, to fit out nicely and was just wondering about people's views on Condor frames

harman_mogul

Bike for life

peejay78 said:
go for steel. condor are awesome, bike for life. you can get fitted for it too.
Yes, I did, back in 1991. That year's model was built by Dave Yates. It still rides as well as the day I took delivery -- well better actually because it is tweaked and run in, as you would expect of a 16-year-old bike.

OP
V

vbc

And now I've found a place on t'internet selling Salsa Primero framesets for nearly £400 less than the £999 listed price...I feel an early 50th birthday present coming on.

Tynan

Veteran
been looking for a fast comuter with rack and guards for far to long, was going to get a tricross but was never sure about the compromises and the supposed flaws, then looked at some audaxes but buggered if I could find a shop with my size to test

now I've seen the condor bikes and they look very nice and just barely within my price range with a bit of scraping, thinking the fratello, that looks dead nice and reviews very well, barring a remark about flex under pannier(s), that or the agio alu one I think, being fitted as well is a bonus

Tynan

Veteran
paid my £200 deposit

had a cracking test ride on a frame a size too small

and now only four weeks to go until it's ready

Top Bottom