Confrontation in Primark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Yesterday at about 11am, me and my mother were in Primark in Chester. We were browsing the shorts for me and my mother asked a woman about the sizes.
Just as my mother and the woman were talking, a couple barged through and nearly knocked my mum over.
I said "How rude, walking though someones conversation" just as an overall comment and then the male of the couple chirped up and started having a go at me. I cannot recall exactly what he said but my mother entered the arguement and told the guy not to speak to me like that. The guy then started giving my mother abuse and called her a "fat b*tch" and called me a "specky c*nt".
This really wound my mum up and she approached staff and asked if he could be removed (there was a male member of staff between my mum and this guy.

My mum then walked away from the confrontation and got upset by the whole incident.

The manager of the store then came to us and asked if we were alright. My mum said that she was shaking as she thought that the guy was going to hit her or me.

Security then came and told me and mum that he will keep an eye on them and radioed the guys discription to the guy on the cameras. He also said that if the guy follows us into another shop, then to tell their security guard as all of the security in Chester is linked together.

We then quickly made a purchase and left the store.

Primark were very good about the incident and were quick to come to our aid.

After we had some lunch, we were walking back towards the town and my mum pointed out that the couple had just passed us. I turned around and confirmed that.

There are some terrible people out there and we were on the recieving end of one of them.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Some people are dicks, you just need to spot which ones are and diffuse the situation with a simple sorry.. even if you did nothing wrong, be the bigger man.

colly

Re member eR
Sadly pig ignorant oiks are everywhere and I think more common than they once were. They are a cross we all have to bear. Fortunately 'normal' people do outnumber the plonkers by a large margin.

I hope your mum isn't still upset.

You.......................well, you can give as good as you get.:smile:

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Rugby scrum of shopping.

Avoid at all costs
The only reason we were in there was that they have XS in certian things and I am a 27" waist (after finding a perfect pair of shorts in another shop). Plus they are always cheap (and not so cheerful in this case).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You and your family appear to be magnets for misfortune.

Matthew actually said something to an individual that was indeed rude. Yes as older adults we'd have rolled our eyes, but Matthew is a few years older than my son, but he would point someone out as being wrong - he was pointing out all the bad drivers on the way home to Manchester from Matthew's area.

Some folk are rude, and that's how they are. Matthew has obviously had a good upbringing, but there are points you need to bite your tongue. I don't blame him for standing up for himself, but he will learn it's not worth it sometimes.

Think of life like Khama - what goes around, comes around. Just bite the tongue, roll your eyes.

Sometimes you have to stand your ground.

We had some trouble in the kids play area in the pub near the in-laws caravan, a little bugger was going round swearing at other kids, and then kicked my son in his elbow deliberately. Apparently this little 7-8 year old did kick boxing. My son has done Karate for a few years, but is not the type to ever use it (he is 11) other than in real need. He came back to us with a massive red elbow. Got it sorted under the tap then went into the play area - the young lass left in control was too young to deal with it. I was civil, and said it wasn't acceptable as this kid was hitting bigger kids, never mind the little ones around 3-4 years old that were in there.

Anyway, turns out kid was in pub with 'others' and not parents. Fortunately, the pub were really good and the 'bouncer' sorted it out - removed the child, told parents (when they arrived), then made child apologise to my son. Then the 'bouncer' came to speak to me about it. - Very impressed with him, and even he said 'between you and me, the kid is a pain in the ass - obviously regular).

Let's say, when we left at about 10pm, said kid was outside causing trouble with a ball - his parents in-side getting pissed.

I think Matthew did the right thing, but Primarks are a rummage, even in Chester. Manchester one is OMG, same with Stockport. Only has the Oldham one been OK as it's never been a rummage when I've been in - it's also the furthest away from our home !

I hate shopping. some folk are real rude shopper killers.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Matthew actually said something to an individual that was indeed rude. Yes as older adults we'd have rolled our eyes, but Matthew is a few years older than my son, but he would point someone out as being wrong - he was pointing out all the bad drivers on the way home to Manchester from Matthew's area.

Some folk are rude, and that's how they are. Matthew has obviously had a good upbringing, but there are points you need to bite your tongue. I don't blame him for standing up for himself, but he will learn it's not worth it sometimes.
Hang on, I didnt say anything rude. I simply said that it was rude barging through someones conversation. Both me and my mum tutted, and I simply made a comment under my breathe (loud enough for them to hear it). At no point was I rude.

I think if I had known this was the reaction I was going to get, I would have just tutted and signed it off. At no point did I expect the guy to become and insane and irate knobber.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Whoah, I didn't say you said anything rude - just you stood up to them, which IMHO is good !

I said the individual was rude - I suppose chat type forums aren't good getting emphasis out.

You did right. If you'd been eating 10 weetabix the last 10 years and were a 6 Foot youngster built like an out house, might have helped. :hello:

PS I was never a big lad as a youngster too.

I don't blame you, but sounds like even Chester isn't great in Pri-marni !

Top Bottom