Confrontation in Primark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
This is what happens if you shop in Primark. Don't shop there.
Indeed, I know to aviod it now.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Whoah, I didn't say you said anything rude - just you stood up to them, which IMHO is good !

To be fair it took me a couple of goes to understand "Matthew actually said something to an individual that was indeed rude".

If you'd used 'who' instead of 'that' it would have been clearer, as it is, 'rude' appears to apply to a thing (the something Matt said) not a person (the individual)....

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
To be fair it took me a couple of goes to understand "Matthew actually said something to an individual that was indeed rude".

If you'd used 'who' instead of 'that' it would have been clearer, as it is, 'rude' appears to apply to a thing (the something Matt said) not a person (the individual)....
Yes, thats what I understood by the comment.

This is what happens if you shop in Primark. Don't shop there.
From the person who finds the roads dangerous so does't ride there.

Does experiencing a single unpleasant situation mean that you restrict your life because of unpleasant idiots?

I saw some thugs in town, do I stop going into town? No.
I was passed closely, do I stop riding on the roads? No.
I was burgled, do I stay in for ever? No.

Don't ever let ignorant knuckle draggers stop you doing whatever you want, or they have won.

dawesome

I got pushed in the small of the back by a middle-aged man in Harrods. I was so fed up I went to Greggs and dropped a sausage roll on the floor to re-enact Jurassic Park.

david1701

She is alright now. When we had lunch, it took our mind off things.

A lot to be said for the gin.....

Crankarm

Guru
From the person who finds the roads dangerous so does't ride there.

Does experiencing a single unpleasant situation mean that you restrict your life because of unpleasant idiots?

I saw some thugs in town, do I stop going into town? No.
I was passed closely, do I stop riding on the roads? No.
I was burgled, do I stay in for ever? No.

Don't ever let ignorant knuckle draggers stop you doing whatever you want, or they have won.

If you find ignorant trolls on a cycling forum do you stop using it? Hell no, their igorance should be challenged.

Top Bottom