Congratulations trio! (3 Peaks cyclo-cross 2009)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trio25

Über Member
Thanks Colin, I need a lot of training but I'm sure I can improve! Everyone just came past me on the first vertical slope!

trio25

Über Member
Weather was ok, we were in a cloud for a while!

It was windy all day though, most noticeable up on PyG where I struggled to control the bike on my shoulder!

Rode most of the descents, some bits I walked that I could have ridden but not knowing the line till I had walked it didn't help!

Descent off PyG was fantastic!

You going to enter next year Dan?

yogi

Well done Trio. I saw you come in at the finish... and yes Ingleborough was hell wasn't it! I'm thinking of training on a climbing wall for that one. See you next year.

trio25

Über Member
Climbing wall sounds a little easy, there are nice holds on them!

I had my cyclechat shorts on to make me easier to spot!

yogi

Hi Trio. Just read you're latest blog. I sort of echo you're statements. It was my first time on The Peaks and like you I was shocked by just how steep Simon Fell is. After that, like you, I got a bit delayed at the top but made up lots of places on the descent. I also felt that I could have pushed harder but judging the pace is very difficult when you've not done the race before.

The important thing is that we both finished and this gives something to build on for next year.

trio25

Über Member
Yes, can't believe I am already thinking about next year, but it is such a unique race I have to go back. Started running again this morning, just ten minutes but want to build up slowly!

Top Bottom