Conley Alpine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKHiker

Regular
Came across a Chromo 21 speed non suspension Conley Alpine bike. All nice Shimano components. Brakes are later model Shimano Canti's. Can't find any info about this brand. Anyone ever heard of them?

OP
OP
A

AKHiker

Regular
Here's a pic

Attachments

• SI852712.JPG
    SI852712.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 19

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I know only that they were an American brand, that they were made of Tange steel, and had Shimano DX components. I believe they were made of butted tubing. The quality is evident from the picture, nice drop outs and construction. Very ambitious paint scheme. The only other one I have seen was all gloss black. I think rigid MTBs from the 1980's and 1990's get short shrift when considering their quality and characteristics. They are fine bicycles, even if they don't have suspension and disc brakes.

OP
OP
A

AKHiker

Regular
Thanks for the responses! Yes it's a butted frame too.

Bike refurbishing began as a hobby. To me it's way cool to see the detail that went into some of the older components and designs. I can get 50 years old bikes and am shocked if I have to replace parts if it's not totally rusted. On the new big box bikes, I can get one a year old and I'm shocked if I don't have to replace most parts.

Very handy to have a neighbor who works at the dump who can pull bikes out for me!

I refurbish all level bikes. Live in Juneau Alaska so not connected by road and high shipping makes it worthwhile to refurbish. People see your work and they come back so my hobby mushroomed.

I've come across all kinds of department store brands and interesting stuff. Had a few really good quality road bikes so well used couldn't identify anything except the quality of components. With the quality of this bike + the brand and model you'd think I could find info. Posted in several bike chats and no one knows anything about them.

I think this one will go into my personal collection

carpenter

Über Member
Bike refurbishing began as a hobby. To me it's way cool to see the detail that went into some of the older components and designs. I can get 50 years old bikes and am shocked if I have to replace parts if it's not totally rusted.

Same here on all points. I particularly like old Suntour derailleurs - V GT Luxe and Cyclone (in my experience) both mid to late seventies and looking like they will last quite a few more years yet.

Welcome to the forum.

Jermharsh

Came across a Chromo 21 speed non suspension Conley Alpine bike. All nice Shimano components. Brakes are later model Shimano Canti's. Can't find any info about this brand. Anyone ever heard of them?

Hello I'm new on here but I as well found a Conley " Highlight" bicycle and cannot find anything on them, lol

Attachments

• 16334108153115742765913071230957.jpg
    16334108153115742765913071230957.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom