Constantly looking at Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Ever since the memo came around that the cyclescheme is open until the end of January, I've always got my head stuck in a magazine or laptop browsing for a new bike.
I don't need one, can't really afford one, but keep looking at CX bikes and carbon framed road bikes just within my grasp of the £1000 scheme limit.
I think I've kind of got over my compulsion to get a CX by putting 35mm knobbly tyres on the old Carrera, this will be my bad weather bike. Put flat bars on the Cube peloton with gatorskins to commute on, then the Giant defy1 is my road bike for good weather.
I love the Giant, it fits me better than anything else I've rode and have no intention getting rid of it. Compelled though to get a "plastic bike" Doesn't help than a friend recently bought a Bianchi Infinito Athena, serious plastic.
Giant defy1 composite on 2014 is going for £1200, daren't go near it for a test ride with the credit card.....but a test ride at the weekend might be fun ;)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Ah yes n+1 :laugh:

After Christmas Therapy for you :laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
The thrill of something new seldom lasts as long as the time it takes to pay off when buying on tick.

Just something that a wealthy friend once told me years ago.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
20141224_183225.jpg
I have had several pleasurable moments per day for the past two and a half years since purchasing this bike. It is kept in the house parked behind me and its acquisition brought my slavery to n+1 to an end.

Billy Wizz

Über Member
I have a twitch for a DI2 Orbea.

I have many guitars i like a choice of tone, but since getting back on my bike this year after a 20 year break, i am already up to two the first i bought i will sell in the spring, i don't see a need for two bikes but i do feel a need for something special.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
I have a twitch for a DI2 Orbea.

I have many guitars i like a choice of tone, but since getting back on my bike this year after a 20 year break, i am already up to two the first i bought i will sell in the spring, i don't see a need for two bikes but i do feel a need for something special.
I like Orbea's: good choice!

ayceejay

Guru
See what it is is the bastaerds are always ahead and you will never ever keep up. I have had my all steel Raleigh since the coronation when it/I won the best dressed bike prize and I have yet ti see taffeta paper woven between spokes to match it.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I was looking at some of the Trek mountain bikes today at my LBS, but left with a nice chain checker instead. Do I want a 29er? Yes. Do I need one? No, I needed a chain checker. And maybe a sealed bottom bracket. If we had a C2W scheme here, I'd be in it, for sure. Not likely anytime soon, with Republicans(read Tories) in charge of both US House and Senate.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I too have hit 'saturation point' with N+1 (there are 12 of em but TBH 2 are Maz's)
However I quite fancy a Tadpole Trike so if I can afford one when I'm back to working who knows. :whistle:

Top Bottom