Contacting Paypal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Has anybody had to contact Paypal before? How long before you got a response?

My account has now got limited access due to some "unusual activity". Problem is, their 'suggested resolution' (confirming my bank details) doesn't remove the limitation. I've emailed them but suspect I'll hear nothing back. I can't set up a new account because my bank account and cards are tied to the locked account... and I can't delete the locked account because of the limited access. I reckon I'm stuck with a blocked account for the rest of all time! I don't mind so much but Wiggle might be pissed off :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Be careful, don't log in through a link in an email - directly type it into your browser !!!

If you have, get back into paypal and change your password pronto !

OP
OP
Y

yello

the latter, i.e.

gone to the Paypal page and logged in there?

the former would smell like phising!

That said, I would have liked some notification from Paypal. Simply discovering it when I logged in and wanted to transfer some money (for a CC shirt!) was a bit annoying.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
This is one I got .. notice the incorrect spelling of memeber and other words, and the fake url (which orginally said Resolution Center) directing to www.arcanerain.de (somewhere in Germany I suppose). Never, ever click on a link in an email !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear PayPal ® customer,

We recently reviewed your account, and we suspect an unauthorized transaction on your account.
Protecting your account is our primary concern. As a preventive measure we have temporary limited your access to sensitive information.
Paypal features.To ensure that your account is not compromised, simply hit "Resolution Center" to confirm your identity as member of Paypal.

Login to your Paypal with your Paypal username and password.
Confirm your identity as a card memeber of Paypal.

Please confirm account information by clicking here http://www.arcanerain.de/www.paypal.com/login.php and complete the "Steps to Remove Limitations."

*Please do not reply to this message. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I tried the link (since I don't even have a paypal account, so felt safe)... and got the following :

This is a reported phishing website
http://www.arcanerain.de/www.paypal.com/login.php

Internet Explorer has determined that this is a reported phishing website. Phishing websites impersonate other sites and attempt to trick you into revealing personal or financial information.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

Online phishing (pronounced fishing) is a way to trick you into revealing personal or financial information through an e-mail message or website. Phishing Filter is a feature in Internet Explorer that helps detect phishing or fraudulent websites.

For more information, see Phishing in Internet Explorer Help.

Report that this is not a phishing website.

Top Bottom