Contemplating a Cyclocross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldroadman

Veteran
Can you still get the old Alan aluminium frames/bikes? Tough, repairable, light enough, nothing not to like. No need for carbon unless you are a serious top end rider.

Howard

You mean those lugged jobbies? Yes nothing to dislike there except the lugs debonding and the skinny tubes reaching the end of their fatigue life. I'm sure I've seen some with without replaceable mech hangers too. Popular in their day but a £200 modern alu frame from planet x would run rings around them now.

Moss

I might consider selling my RIDLEY X-Ride for £780.00 collected ? Only used on the road in dry weather, actually had very little use,

ayceejay

Guru
Alan bikes are still made but difficult to get hold of. You can get them direct from Italy or from Germany. http://www.alanbike.it/
cache_2441585453.jpg

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
@Ruary. One of the most miserable days of my cycling life was having my Revolution Cross 10 stolen. For what you say on your initial post, it would be an ideal bike. Nimble, comfortable, confidence inspiring, very solid and reliable & specced exceptionally well for its price point. I couldn't fault it once I'd put different tyres on - for road and hard trail use, most CX tyres are too soft and wear rapidly.

Plumped for a Kona Jake CX as my latest n+1, should be a good winter trainer and will allow some mixed routes on forest logging roads etc too. Club does CX evenings too over the winter, so fun all round.

Top Bottom