Conti 2000 touring tyres..whats the equiv today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
I have the above tyre on my old hybrid and they do grip the road well, but I don't believe they are available now...what's the closest replacement?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Top contact I believe. They also top touring and touring plus which are close.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Yes in the Continental range it's now the 'Top Contact', at the time the 'Continental top touring 2000' was one of the most, if not the most popular quality touring tyre. When I ran the CTC Shop I noticed that the 'Top Contact' was no where near as popular, many thought the compound of the replacement did not offer as much grip, the Schwalble Marathon became the far more popular choice, in many ways this feels closer to the 'Continental top touring 2000' than the replacement 'Top Contact'.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've never had 2000 touring tyres so I can't compare but I've got some Conti Touring Plus on my tourer and they've been very sure-footed. I did get a rear wheel puncture after about 3000 miles, understandable given the size of the smashed bottle I ran over, and they were really hard work to get back on the rims, though.

Widge

Baldy Go
I briefly owned a spanky 'retro' Mercian framed tourer a few years ago and equipped it with Conti Top Tourer 2000's. They were great tyres IMhumbleO! I rode around on them for a few years with no punctures and when I got rid of the bike (hhmm...wish I'd kept it now :dry: ) they looked as new and fresh as the day I bought them. I only got rid of the bike because it was slightly too big for me....but crushed nadgers aside...I should have kept it. I was disappointed just recently to find the tyres were no longer made.

Yes in the Continental range it's now the 'Top Contact', at the time the 'Continental top touring 2000' was one of the most, if not the most popular quality touring tyre. When I ran the CTC Shop I noticed that the 'Top Contact' was no where near as popular, many thought the compound of the replacement did not offer as much grip, the Schwalble Marathon became the far more popular choice, in many ways this feels closer to the 'Continental top touring 2000' than the replacement 'Top Contact'.

That is the route I went initially, then went on to the Supremes for summer tyres and the Marathon plus as my commuting / winter touring tyre

Top Bottom