Conti Gatorskin 28cc or Conti 4 Season 28cc or Something Else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
Need a set of tyre's for my cyclecross but want a road bias tyre and I want 28cc in size.
Whats the difference between the standard Gatorskin 28cc and the 4 season 28cc ?
Or can you suggest something else?

Cheers
Paul.

vickster

Legendary Member
I asked what to replace marathon plus with and was recommended the bontrager hard case. Cheaper than the others, I paid £17 a tyre. still to fit so can't comment on performance but they look good

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
I switched from 32 M+ to Gatorskins in 28 and really like them. That's as much technical knowledge as I have to offer ^_^

U

User33236

I've ran the 28mm 4 seasons on my CX in all weather over the past year and a bit. Can't fault them and would get them again.

BSRU

A Human Being
Ok Not seen them in 28cc but have the 23cc on a road bike? Good tyre.
They started selling them recently(within the last 12 months) in different colours, adding 28c to their range.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Ok Not seen them in 28cc but have the 23cc on a road bike? Good tyre.
I have them in 28's and run them at 80psi front and 85psi rear in 27mm wide (internal 21mm) carbon rims........they are soooooooo comfy, but still quick

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I have them in 28's and run them at 80psi front and 85psi rear in 27mm wide (internal 21mm) carbon rims........they are soooooooo comfy, but still quick

I'm only the weight of a bag of crisps so I don't need rock hard tyres, I run 5.2 bar and 5.7 bar which is just about the same. :smile:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm only the weight of a bag of crisps so I don't need rock hard tyres, I run 5.2 bar and 5.7 bar which is just about the same. :smile:
But i run those psi and im 110kgs......larger tyre and wider rim, means less air needed = more comfort

outlash

also available in orange
Gatorskin aren't great in the wet and I've had a sidewall blowout on a GP 4 seasons so I'm slightly wary of Continental tyres nowadays. I've been using Schwalbe Duranos the last few months and I've been quite impressed with them. Good in the wet, hard wearing and p*ncture free so far.

Tony.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Gatorskin aren't great in the wet and I've had a sidewall blowout on a GP 4 seasons so I'm slightly wary of Continental tyres nowadays. I've been using Schwalbe Duranos the last few months and I've been quite impressed with them. Good in the wet, hard wearing and p*ncture free so far.

Tony.

Which Durano's have you got?

Top Bottom