Conti GP4000 Vs GP5000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hey!
Long story short, bought some rollers, hard work....partly ‘cos I have a dynohub and can’t turn the lights off! So for an experiment I used the front wheel + Open Pave I had on the unusable (atm) fixie and tried it. Much better. Then went for a proper trip out. Even with just a front tyre the ride is much smoother than the 4 Seasons, so tonight I swapped the rear tyre for the Vittoria. As am not doing long solo rides or night rides, it’s dry and am no longer on Oxfordshires shitty roads at the moment am not so worried about p*nctures. So looking forward to giving them another go. I know they're sublime.
The GP5000 are in the post. I figure I’ll run through the Vittorias fairly quick and then the GP5000 will be long term replacements for the 4 seasons (which will go in the fixie that needs fixing)!’
@shornby well a week on the Open Pave and all was well in dry and sunny condition, was having a blast until....rain today. My usual 10 mile daily route, rear puncture - just hopeless durability when it rains. The rear is cut to pieces.
The GP5000s go on tomorrow :-(

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Tried-out the 28mm Conti GP5000 on my regular ‘home-commute’ 10 miler.
Wow!
90/100psi for my 15stone. They fly along alright (actually did one of my fastest runs), but time will tell if that’s maintained. But OMG they are so pliant and comfortable, soooo comfortable. Might have to invest in some latex tubes.....
Magic.

Top Bottom