Conti GP4000ii

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not the best rolling tyre , but they are very good tyre ... I would buy another pair once these run out...

Last edited:
U

User6179

IMO ...Michelin pro 4s are the best rollers ... They have a soft side wall and tend to rip/puncher

Guys I know in local club swear by the Michelin pro 4s , my m8 got two fitted and like you say the sidewalls both tore within a few runs so I stuck with the GP4000s .

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
- or riding on any road that has been 'top dressed'. The P4s start cutting up as soon as your wheels start turning.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Try Pro 4 Endurance.
I have Pro4's on the best bike and they are fab. Just don't try off roading at all on them.
I have put Pro4 Endurance on and they are so far proving to be excellent. They don't cut up like the service course tyres, roll well and seem to be long lasting. Weight wise they aren't too heavy.

BSRU

A Human Being
I thought the difference between the new and old is an extra puncture protection layer, so a little heavier.
Also they come in a variety of colours to allow riders to colour co-ordinate with your bike.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
I thought the difference between the new and old is an extra puncture protection layer, so a little heavier.
Also they come in a variety of colours to allow riders to colour co-ordinate with your bike.
One review I read said similar but another said the vectran p'ture belt is there in both :wacko: Another say they (the new GP4000sII) are fast another and 'independent' tests say they are not. The majority of reviews suggest they roll better and are lighter but are a bit less grippy in the wet :wacko:

BSRU

A Human Being
One review I read said similar but another said the vectran p'ture belt is there in both :wacko: Another say they (the new GP4000sII) are fast another and 'independent' tests say they are not. The majority of reviews suggest they roll better and are lighter but are a bit less grippy in the wet :wacko:
It is a little confusing, the old ones do have the vectran puncture protection.
It does appear to be just a facelift/tarting up of the original 4000s, making no difference to the average cyclist like myself.

Top Bottom