Conti GP4000ii

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
It is a little confusing, the old ones do have the vectran puncture protection.
It does appear to be just a facelift/tarting up of the original 4000s, making no difference to the average cyclist like myself.
^ get that impression too, glad I bought a pair of the 'old' ones when they were being heavily discounted not so long ago.

MikeW-71

Veteran
^ get that impression too, glad I bought a pair of the 'old' ones when they were being heavily discounted not so long ago.
Indeed, I snatched up a spare pair of the originals when Wiggle did them half price. Probably won't be fitting them for some time yet as my current ones are up to 1500 miles and have at least that much wear still to go!

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Indeed it does seem that way, Ive seen the old ones heavilly discounted and the new ones going for the original price of the old one. I had a blow out on an old one and was going to replace like for like, until I saw the new ones but colour choice and a marginal gain on rolling (probably not noticeable) seems to be the only improvement and reports say they are probably less grippy in the wet, probably more noticeable (even if its just pschological); so at the moment I'm thinking I'll order an older version.

U

User6179

I think the new tyre is the same and the only difference is on the coloured tyres which now also have the chilli compound .

U

User6179

One things for sure I will not be paying £40 for the new version .

MrWill

New version has the black chilli compound in all colours.

Previously it did not as that compound won't bond to the coloured pigments or something like that.

They have just changed the styling a bit to accommodate this. Stick with the black 1st version. Same thing.

Top Bottom