Conti GP4000's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Hands up all you owners.

I have put these on my new bikes spec list.
I could have gone for the attack and force model....but prefer to stick with 23's front & rear.
I have heard different opinions on their longevity.

Can anyone share their opinion?

It's not too late for me to change the tyre spec you see!!!

;)

Cheers all

Steve

domtyler

Über Member
I like 'em.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Im sure my mate has them on his bike and has got a front tyre thats covered approx 3k miles...;)
I like the idea of a grippy tyre.
The Chili compund ones seem nice too.;)

Will1985

Über Member
Never had a problem in 12 months and easier to get on rims than Conti Ultra GatorSkins IME. I have pair of normal 700x23 which still look good and a 700x20 Chili which wears even harder than the other two.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've got a pair of 700x23 that have done over 2000 miles on dirty, flinty, broken and cow-crap surfaced Hampshire backroads. The side walls are starting to look a bit scruffy but they still pass the Sheldon Brown test for a serviceable tyre.

During this time I've only had a couple of p***tures. Grip seems good in the dry but I've had a few moments with them on wet roads, so I swapped them out last winter with some 4-Seasons. Come spring proper, I'll see if I can squeeze a few hundred more miles out of them.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I love them, good grip in all types of weather. They have little rolling resistance, pump up to 120psi and are very hard wearing.

I've just purchased another 4 as spares. The conti gp 4000 in black now have the chili compound but they don't have the more subtle silver side logos and still use the yellow ones , they are also priced very similar.

gavintc

Guru
I dont like them. I had a pair, but found that they cut up badly. I have since had Pro2's - less problems.

I don't like em either. I had a pair of Force/Attack and a pair of GP4000-S - didn't like how twitchy the Force tyre made the bike, though grip was good. They were also v harsh riding.

The GP4000-S squared off on the rear very fast, had no feel in the wet, and rolled slower than a P2R.

I've not deviated from Michelin rubber since I ditched the GP's

walker

I've had a pair on my race bike since the start of this season, as a whole I'm not totally impressed with them. they are great for dry days but as soon as they touch the wet they are useless. Even when adding plenty of weight to the rear of the bike they still managed to slide. I would give them 9/10 for a summer tyre though

I use them all year round and very rarely get punctures. My current set have done almost 2000 miles with one puncture. I had a set do over 3000 miles beofre there first puncture. I've even ridden in the snow with these and haven't had any problems. I swear by them.

I got through a lot of GP4000s when they first came out - but then I bought GP4000 Four Seasons (or something like) which have been just as good as GP3000s. (reflects on marketing wheeze). A bit like the Coke Classic thing?

Top Bottom