Continental 4 seasons tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I just bought a pair of these tyres. I looked for the directional arrow and couldn't find one. I checked the other tyre and found it - I then noticed that the writing on the sidewall was completely different to the other tyre?

I clearly received two different tyres although both are 4 seasons. The batch numbers are different so I concluded that is the issue; as opposed to one being a fake!

I then used google and there is a long list of people looking for the directional arrow (and can't find it) whilst an equally long list of people are saying that it's clearly on the sidewall.

In conclusion it appears that Continental randomly decide whether to include the directional arrow or not, depending on the batch; along with 'printing' other info too such as 'www.conti-tyre.de; only mount on hooked rims' etc.

Why is this so inconsistent? Other tyres such as GP4000S are exactly the same year after year, batch after batch. Could this be down to one person not doing their job very well when preparing the tyre moulds?

I had no idea there was a direction to tyres
When I have had a puncture I never worried about putting tyre on the 'right' way'

andrew_s

Legendary Member
There's no direction arrow on any of mine.
That's both the pre-vectran model, and the initial vectran version with "Vectran" in red on the end of the printed label - 6 tyres in all, both on the bike and spares (I have a tendency to take advantage of bargain offers when I see them, if it's something I know I'll use).
I'd guess that the arrow is new, and one of the tyres is more recent than the other.

Road tyres are non-directional anyway - arrows are only there to make the tyre look more high tech.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I've had 2 pairs now, no direction arrows on them. For aesthetics, I mounted them so the tread pattern pointed forwards.

Top Bottom