Continental Grand Prix 4 Season Vectran Tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Hi all a freind of mine is looking for some new tyres and he likes these, he has had a few punctures lately, and he wants something lightish and puncture resident, does anybody use these and are they any good. or can you reccommend something bullit proof,

mattobrien

Guru
I have recently switched to these as my winter tyre. I wanted something a little more focused for the colder and wetter conditions than the Conti GP 4000 s I use for my summer tyres.

I have only covered 60 or so miles on them, but first impressions are good. I thought that they would be noticeably slower rolling than the GP 4000 s, but to be honest I am struggling to notice a major difference in that department.

No punctures on them, but no real miles yet. That said I have been lucky in that area, must be down to the roads I ride.

They seem grippy and roll well, so early conclusions are thumbs up.

I got mine from Merlin Cycles, as with their additional 10% off the basket they proved to be the cheapest I could find, plus their service and speed of delivery is excellent.

I got my first p'ture on Monday night with my Mitch Krylions after 4600miles; they are marketed as light and well rolling and durable and IME that's a justified claim and they are a lot cheaper than 4 seasons. Unfortunately they are becoming rarer and rarer when they eventually wear out I'll by their successor the Mitch Pro 4 Endurance which are also cheaper. I've had 4 seasons in the past and whilst they are good tyres, I'd rate the Krylions over them for P'ture resistance.

leemo

Commuter
I use these in 28mm for commuting

They are light, roll well and grippy. Puncture resistance is good.

They are fairly expensive and not that durable. I get about 2k miles (1k front and 1k back) before the rubber is worn and they start puncturing. I'm fairly heavy at 13st though - if you're lighter you may get a bit more

For bullet proof you want marathon plus but they are heavy and slow.

Top Bottom