Continental or Specialized tyre, which would you buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
use to use Contis back in the day

the new LBS as good as forced me onto Schwalbe Marathons, been fine for me and they seem to be popular, certainly more P proof than tyres ten years ago

which is nice

mikeitup

Veteran
re

I have Scwalbe Roadcruisers on my commuter bike. £17 off ebay.
Better than the contis that were already on bike when I bought it.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I had the continental sports contacts for 5 years with no punctures and then got 7 in 6 weeks. Now switched to schwalbe marathon plus on my road but sticking with the conti's on my mtb.

I used to have Spesh nimbus Armadillo's on my Sirrus, they were good for p###ture protection and lasted for ages but I found they could be a bit slippy at times. My other bikes have got Conti's and I've been impressed with them and changed the Sirrus to contis too. I've got Conti Contacts on the commuter, Grand Prix on the dropped bar road bike and now 4 seasons on the Sirrus.

andygates

The Conti Sport Contact is my favourite 26" slick, so its 700c flavour should be good too. It's a livelier feeling tyre than the armadillo.

Noodley

Opinions differ on these matters. Just buy what you think will do the job. No need to get too many opinions. I have used Spesh and Contis and others and there is not too much difference - well, I have never noticed one being better than the other so reckon it's "name" and "fashion" a lot of the time.

If you are thinking of using wiggle check other places before buying..they are not very well priced compared to others when it comes to tyres. Very good prices for certain things but not so good for tyres...

I used to use Conti Top Touring tyres on all my bikes and they never seemed to last as long as they should have. The rear in particular used to wear sidewalls out very quickly. Alright, I'm a big lad, but not that big!
That said, the Sport Contact might be completely different. Just buy something and see how you get on with it.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Alcdrew

Alcdrew

Thanks all, I've had the conti gatorskins a nice fast tyre but only lasted me about 3 months. so not so good on the wallet.

I have got the conti sport contact. Got drawn to them with the free inertubes and year guarantee. Seem OK at the moment, but will see how long they last. Not ecpecting them to be a year without a P but you never know.

Noodley, Yeah I always look around before buying. In fact got my new tyres from here best price I could find in my quick search and super quick delivery, I ordered them around 2pm and got them they nextday.

Top Bottom