Conversion to Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am converting a hybrid to a road bike. (Yes I know the cost and benefit)

Is there anything I am missing?
Ultegra Complete Groupset Crank, Shifters, chain, cassette, deraillures, brakes, wires

Specialized Aerofly carbon handlebar

Specialized aero stem

S works Roubaix tape

What type of brake have you got? search the forum and you'll see what you need to consider.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hope it builds up ok - wouldnt it be more cost effective to just buy a road bike?
What he said , generally the groupset is a big chunk of the bike price if bought separatly and you will probably need a different stem length to take account of different frame geometries .
Unless you really want to convert the bike then it might be worth shopping around to see deals you can get on road bikes compared on your planned spend.

young Ed

Veteran
new forks, new frame, new wheels=100% new road bike! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
What type of brake have you got? search the forum and you'll see what you need to consider.

The Ultegra Groupset comes with Ultegra Brakes

I mean currently ?

What are the brakes you have on the hybrid now?
If you have standard road bike brakes (handy hint - you haven't) then you don't need the Ultegra brakes
If you don't have fittings for road bike brakes (handy hint - you haven't) then you can't use the Ultegra brakes
If you have V-brakes or disks (handy hint - you probably have) then you can't use the Ultegra brakes and the STIs won't work either.
If you have cantis (handy hint - you most probably haven't) then you can use the STIs but not the Ultegra brakes.

Converting a hybrid to a road bike is a real ball-ache unless you know what you're doing, and anyone who knows what they're doing wouldn't have bought a hybrid if they wanted a road bike!

Top Bottom