Converting drop to flat bar?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
that said maybe some slight modification to the reach/drop that can be done cheaper than buying a whole new flat/ shifter set up which although may have the same number of positions i think its up to the OP to decide if they want to go flat for a solution that can be done without major modification ?.
Good to confirm width is correct too if getting new bars, too wide or narrow not great for shoulders (and wrists)

that said maybe some slight modification to the reach/drop that can be done cheaper than buying a whole new flat/ shifter set up which although may have the same number of positions i think its up to the OP to decide if they want to go flat for a solution that can be done without major modification ?.
I thought the OP was very much leaning towards going to flat bars - I was hardly twisting their arm - into whatever position - simply pointing out that I don't think there will be any sacrifices if they do.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I thought the OP was very much leaning towards going to flat bars - I was hardly twisting their arm - into whatever position - simply pointing out that I don't think there will be any sacrifices if they do.
I was under the impression that they wanted flat bar due to a shoulder injury which was aggravated by their current position, having had /have an ongoing weakness in my rotator cuff i modified my position with drop bars and its fine .I dont think i actually said anyone was coercing the OP one way or the other but offering opinions .I get the impression you like flat bars which is fair enough , i was just mentioning that they could achieve a similar position that would be comfy without the expense of changing bars . shifters etc

vickster

Legendary Member
Wide flat bars actually cause me more pain in knackered shoulder than using the hoods/tops on narrow (correct width for me) drop handlebars! Everyone is different :okay: but hopefully the OP's shoulder issue will resolve/heal/get fixed soon (mine's arthritic so it'll likely get worse over time)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Wide flat bars actually cause me more pain in knackered shoulder than using the hoods/tops on narrow (correct width for me) drop handlebars! Everyone is different :okay: but hopefully the OP's shoulder issue will resolve/heal/get fixed soon (mine's arthritic so it'll likely get worse over time)
same for me i reckon wider bars on my old subway aggravated mine ,

Top Bottom