Convertor tool for square taper - Octalink puller?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Actually, I was looking for one of those to get my Raceface cranks off.

Believe it or not, I've been using a rear mech bolt off an old Apollo outrage, which I stick in the hole before the crank puller - works a treat, but I have to tap it back out with a dowel afterwards.

I've heard of people using coins too - not sure which ones though - probably foreign

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Actually, I was looking for one of those to get my Raceface cranks off.

Believe it or not, I've been using a rear mech bolt off an old Apollo outrage, which I stick in the hole before the crank puller - works a treat, but I have to tap it back out with a dowel afterwards

I've heard of people using coins too - not sure which ones though
yes I have heard of folk using coins, but that many are subject to bending.

Probably shoddy foreign things :smile: - by the by, respect to whoever designed the 20p coin - perfect for odd jobs like removing battery covers etc - if May goes and I succeed her I will decree that all new coins of the realm should have a double use as some sort of tool.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Think you have the wrong end of the wrench

That's a BB removal tool, not a converter for a square taper crank puller

Thank you for clarification. That’s almost as bad as holding onto the sticky end of the arm isn’t it?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Not that one in particular, but I think I am going to get the offering from Decathlon.
If you are looking for such a thing I can recommend this if you can find it from a maybe handier source.

https://www.motocard.com/en/bike/to...MI7ce4hpar3AIVhZztCh3YUANhEAQYASABEgJbv_D_BwE

It locks on to avoid the dreaded slippage.

Can't think why that feature isn't more common.

I got mine in a remaindered sale from a LBS - not sure why it was remaindered - seems fine so far.

Top Bottom