Conveyancing fees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
3 years ago I paid £5500 for my fees and a recent thought of moving showed it would be a rise to £6000 on the South Coast.

U

User33236

Mrs SG recently sold our Manchester home. Handed in over to an estate agent and let them handle everything. £4.5k all in inc. legal fees (and I can claim most, if not all, back in relocation expenses.)

Can't comment on buying conveyancing fees as it's on 'mates rates'. The stamp duty element is one cost I will grudge paying though!

alicat

Legendary Member
Other than stamp duty and the agent on a percentage, I'm not sure if there's a relationship between house value and fees?

Not in touch with solicitors' prices recently; however there could be a correlation because if they stuff up an expensive house purchase they will have to pay more in damages.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Does that imply you are moving from Sutton to Surrey... or are you counting Sutton as honorary Surrey for this purpose? :smile:

John (brought up in London Borough of Sutton, now sadly living in Surrey....)
I'm planning to move about a mile. Staying in the LB of Sutton
Technically I live in Cheam, Sutton, Surrey...moving to Cheam, Surrey.
Confusing innit

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4992864, member: 259"]Two of my nephews and two of my cousins are solicitors and none of them recommend going to see a solicitor for conveyancing in England. Have you ever tried suing a lawyer?[/QUOTE]
No, never had any issue with those that did my conveyancing. Nor to my knowledge has anyone I know who's ever bought property in England

Top Bottom