Cooking equuipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andym

Über Member
andrew_s said:
On which point, it's not unheard of for airline baggage people to be a bit draconian, confiscating things like empty stoves and fuel bottles as a hazard. Don't try taking any fuel with you, it will only provoke them.

I think gas cylinders are definitely illegal. Another argument for going by train.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
andym said:
I think gas cylinders are definitely illegal. Another argument for going by train.

Im sure that I've read that fuel botlles an have to be washed out and clear of any fuel vapurs before that past muster for being carried in a plane.

oxford_guy

Über Member
Chris James said:
Yes, in fact arguably the best use of the frying pan is as a lid, it is designed to operate as one. Burning meths doesn't give out much heat, but the stove is well designed to make the best use of what there is.

This is one of the reasons why the kettle is a bit of a waste of money as water can be boiled more efficiently in the post using a pot and lid.

The Tangria kettle is definitely a complete waste of space and weight, also means there isn't room to store extras, like the gas adaptor, internally.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
vernon said:
Im sure that I've read that fuel botlles an have to be washed out and clear of any fuel vapurs before that past muster for being carried in a plane.
That's what the airlines say, but it doesn't stop the security people confiscating them. For a sigg-type bottle, I'd get a drinking cap for it

Top Bottom