Cool Bike !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
KA GDF Présentation 8Oct 2010.jpg

One want one!!!

No a want at least one!!

http://malricsworld..../10/ka-gdf.html

Fiona N

Veteran
Looks pretty but what's with the drop bars? One also assumes he (?she) doesn't ride out of the seat :blush: It would be interesting to see the rider in situ

I don't own a 'bent as yet so only know about what I've read/seen but, would you not get problems with chain wear on this? The chain is shorter than a conventional bikes' and I woudl think you'd need to be very careful about matching chainring to appropriate sprocket to make sure that you didn't try to make the chain flex sideways too much. Also, woudl the front-wheel-drive not make the steering very heavy?
Frame looks pretty though :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I don't own a 'bent as yet so only know about what I've read/seen but, would you not get problems with chain wear on this? The chain is shorter than a conventional bikes' and I woudl think you'd need to be very careful about matching chainring to appropriate sprocket to make sure that you didn't try to make the chain flex sideways too much. Also, woudl the front-wheel-drive not make the steering very heavy?
Frame looks pretty though :smile:

The steering you'd get used to - anyway, you only actually turn the bars a fraction to turn at all but the lowest speeds. There are a few recumbents that use front wheel drive, and I don't know that they are harder to ride - they tend to be low racers* I think, so your main learning curve would be the new position. I guess the careful chainring-sprocket matching would become habit too - this doesn't look like a bike for a beginner, so you'd more than likely have a fair bit of mechanical sympathy if you had one.

*although there is the Cruz bike conversion, which fits to an upright bike and gives a fairly upright 'bent.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
A piece of cycling art but probably not very good at running through the woods and dirt, like I do.

Probably great on a track. If your not 52 and not really fit, like I am not.

Steve

OP
OP
currystomper
I believe that this is designed to attempt to break the unfaired world speed record - not designed for the woods!!
CS

Top Bottom