Coolbox Cooker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ah. Forum not working for me....

Had a look at Downsizer yesterday, thinking of signing up - but there're so many topics, it's a bit intimidating. I suppose this place is to a newbie, whereas I'm just an old hand.

I'm dead pleased with my latest piece of recycling: The recycled-carrier-bag-knitted-purse:

S7000831.jpg

You just need a strongish carrier bag, scissors, a bit of patience to cut it into a long strip, and knitting needles!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
frog said:
Had a recipe for Japanese Rice which I lost years ago. But from memory.

Long grain rice - two tablespoons per person
7.5 fluid oz of water for each portion
Wash the rice until the water runs clear - takes ages but needs the starch washing out.
Put in sauce pan which has a good fitting lid and bring to the boil.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins. Turn off heat and leave for 15 mins.
All the water has been absorbed and the rice is lovely and fluffy.

Might have got the rice qty out a bit though. ;)

That's much how I cook basmati rice. Fry a cup of rice in a knob of butter while the kettle boils, with some salt and maybe a cardomon pod if you like cardomon. Add two cups of boiling water, stir, turn heat off, lid on and leave it. Done after 15 mins, but keeps hot for getting on an hour after that.
By this method I have done chicken tikka massala and rice on one burner on a campsite. Lager chilled in the river.:biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Wherabout in Hull, velocidad?
I used to live on Sidmouth St just off Newland Av. I miss the place.

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
Arch said:
Ah. Forum not working for me....

Had a look at Downsizer yesterday, thinking of signing up - but there're so many topics, it's a bit intimidating. I suppose this place is to a newbie, whereas I'm just an old hand.

I'm dead pleased with my latest piece of recycling: The recycled-carrier-bag-knitted-purse:

S7000831.jpg

You just need a strongish carrier bag, scissors, a bit of patience to cut it into a long strip, and knitting needles!

the INEBG forum does seem to having a few probs, i sometimes get a time out error message when i try to go on. not heard of that downsizer thing, i'll have a look, not sure if i'll bumble though ;)
that purse is great arch. can i be the first to put my order in, err not for a purse mind :biggrin: but maybe a messenger bag type thing? i also look forward with great interest to your dress guards, my mums been after one for ages.
cheers velocidad. :biggrin:

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
Maz said:
Wherabout in Hull, velocidad?
I used to live on Sidmouth St just off Newland Av. I miss the place.

now then maz.
we live west hull near hessle at the moment. lived on newland avenue when i was a lad, down newland grove now demolished, but at least they waited for us to move out ;)
can't say as i like hull that much, i'd like to move to york.

cheers, velocidad.

Arch

Married to Night Train
velocidad said:
now then maz.
we live west hull near hessle at the moment. lived on newland avenue when i was a lad, down newland grove now demolished, but at least they waited for us to move out ;)
can't say as i like hull that much, i'd like to move to york.

cheers, velocidad.

Oh, yes, we need another of your sort in York... (your sort being a creative, loadbike, odd cycles type person - really, it's meant as a compliment!).

A messenger bag.... You know how big that is? I'm gonna need a few plastic bags... And to devise a device to make the strip cutting quicker (I can see how to cut lots of little strips, use a shredder, but then you have loads of joins, which are all weak points.) A blade mounted in a block or a vice, so that I could just slice round and round, that's what I need. Bit concerned about the strength aspect as well, until I've tested it a bit.... But it would be a cool and useful project.:biggrin:

Dress guards - I'd need dimensions and required shapes, maybe a photo of the bike?

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
Arch said:
Just beware, you'll end up being called in for envelope stuffing when VV comes out...;)

lol :rolleyes: sounds about my drop! :biggrin:

any living in york adivce? any bad areas to avoid?

cheers, velocidad :smile:

Top Bottom