Copied from my town's Facebook group

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This comes from Crowland Chatter (Crowland, South Lincs)

"PLEASE SHARE IF POSSIBLE THANKYOU!
My Grandfather had been given my uncles lovely bike after he died. That was the only thing my Grandfather had that belonged to his son. Today he had biked to Millfield in Peterborough to tidy an old friends garden (who has also recently died.) He locked the bike up within the property driveway, out of sight of the road - and yes you guessed it, some kind, considerate person stole it. That person took away the only thing my Grandfather had left of My Uncle. We only laid my uncles ashes to rest on Sunday. For gods sake I cannot even begin to say how we are all feeling. Please can I ask that everyone keeps an eye out for this bike and if you see it - report it to the police (I know it's a long shot)- it's not the value of the bike that means anything at all - it's the sentimental value and the fact that it belonged to my uncle. Its a Claude Butler bike- Gold frame (the frame is scratched from the seat downwards from a crash my uncle had on it!) It has 2 black paniers, special thin wheels/tyres and pump. 20 gears, sprung frame and seat and a mileometer and a water bottle carrier. This has already been reported to the police and the Peterborough Evening Telegraph, and a nearby business is going to check the CCTV. I hope who ever took the bike can sleep easy in their bed at night - because we all haven't slept since 5th September when we lost my uncle. Who ever you are you are low life scum."

As stated in the text, a long shot, but I thought I'd post anyway.

Top Bottom