COPPI this !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Winter is well on the way and not wanting to expose my strictly dry weather Vitus rides to nasty damp conditions, l decided to make ready the last surviving steel framed bike l own, a Fiorelli Coppi !
To cut a long story short, with help and encouragement from Biggs682 , this is the result , first ride today . The down tube shifters worked like a dream and selected all ten speeds as if they had been designed for that very purpose !
The only problem was stopping ability . The Shimano 105 brakes and shoes don't have much effect on the rims of these Mavic Ksyriums especially in todays damp conditions :rain:
PS. Steel is oh so comfortable in comparison to twitchy aluminium .

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
Oooft. That's lovely! Do you have any ugly bikes?!

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
That is lovely but I think you mean Fausto Coppi. Fiorelli make handbags, the type that your wife hit you over the head with when you turned up with yet another bike! :wacko:
Edit - having been corrected and checked Google, Fiorelli Coppi is correct, made by Fiorelli for Fausto Coppi .... Doh!

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
That is lovely but I think you mean Fausto Coppi. Fiorelli make handbags, the type that your wife hit you over the head with when you turned up with yet another bike! :wacko:
I certainly do mean Fausto Coppi, in fact reading and learning about him and his childhood and subsequent success as a rider and then his tragic and needless death is what me revive my interest in cycling and beautiful bikes.
A few more pics , including the Fiorelli makers name , 'course they make a mean handbag as well (or so rumour has it)
IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
:smooch:

Top Bottom